I will start by saying that I absolutely love the Drunk Elephant products that I have been using. My favourite Drunk Elephant products are C-Firma Day serum, Shaba Eye Serum, TLC Sukari Babyfacial, and Umbra Tinte physical daily defense. I bought most of my DE products during the Holiday VIB sale in November, so many have been recently running out one by one. Purchasing a clean, high quality skincare routine can be quite the investment, so it’s best to get the most out of it when you can!
The products are packaged in Instagram-worthy white plastic containers with various coloured lids depending on the product. This packaging is genius for many reasons:
- It looks amazing on your vanity
- The serums and lotions are housed in airless pump mechanisms to reduce the oxidation of your products
- The packaging is completely opaque, so light-reactive ingredients will not spoil as they would when housed in something transparent
- The pump twists in and out of the product (no more losing those little caps!)
- Did I say it looks amazing?
Anyway… while this packaging offers multiple benefits to the products by keeping them fresh and stable, it’s hard to know when you’ve actually finished a bottle. Besides going to apply your skincare routine and getting a “Surprise! I’m empty now” null-pump of product, it’s hard to tell when you’re out! I don’t mind this aspect all too much, because I live close to a Sephora and getting a replacement is rather easy for me. This can be a bother though to those that do not live close by, and may have to wait *gasp* days to replace their favourite serum!
Well, here’s where I can offer some help!
I’ve noticed that when the products stop pumping, it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re bone-dry and completely empty. Theres usually at least a few more uses left in the container that can hold you over until you have time to go to the store or until your online order arrives in the mail!
Here’s how to get the most out of your Drunk Elephant skincare products:
Make sure you are grabing near the base of the
lid and not the part that twists.
that is attached to the lid.
This is where the gold is!
as you would with a regular container.
You can scoop out the remaining
with a clean spatula!
- The products are packaged like this for a reason. Opening them up will speed up the expiry process and oxidation of some of the sensitive ingredients. Only do this to get the very last drops of your products!
- Try not to stick your fingers or non-sanitary objects into the containers as it can transfer bacteria.
- Products that are more liquidy, such as C-Firma will pour out very nicely nicely!
- The thicker cream-based products will require the use of a clean cosmetic spatula or q-tip to get the excess out.
- If you plan on getting more than one extra use out of the product, make sure to screw the coloured lid back onto the clear component to keep air out!
- I have found you can get at least 3 extra uses out of the products. I wouldn’t keep them too long after opening them in this way for risk of bacteria growth and product oxidation.